Source: Bureau of Meteorology

For people in parts of Kimberley, Pilbara and North Interior districts.

Issued at 2:56 pm Wednesday, 2 March 2022.

Weather Situation: At 3pm, ex-tropical cyclone Anika was slow-moving over the west Kimberly and northern Pilbara coasts. Anika is expected to cross the coast this evening before moving slowly to the southeast overnight and tomorrow. From Friday morning Anika is forecast to weaken over the WA interior.

HEAVY RAINFALL which is expected to lead to flash flooding is currently occurring in the area between Pardoo and Bidyadanga and is forecast to extend to the Interior from early Thursday. Six-hourly rainfall totals between 50 to 150mm are likely. 24-hour rainfall totals of up to 250mm are possible.

DAMAGING WIND GUSTS with peak gusts of around 100 km/h are likely near the system centre over the eastern Pilbara this evening and extending into the interior during Thursday as the system moves to the south southeast.

Flood watches and warnings are current for the area. See for more information.
A tropical cyclone advice is also current. See for more information.

Locations which may be affected include Pardoo Roadhouse, Parnngurr, Sandfire, Shay Gap, Telfer and Wallal Downs.

Mandora 117.8mm in the 6hrs to 2pm WST today

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.