Source: Bureau of Meteorology

For people in parts of Gascoyne and Central West districts.

Issued at 3:29 pm Friday, 5 February 2021.
Tropical low bringing heavy rainfall and squally conditions to the Gascoyne and the Central West

Weather Situation: At 3:00pm WST Friday 5 February, a slow moving tropical low was located approximately 180km west of Carnarvon. The low is expected to move quickly southwards during the weekend while remaining offshore of the West Coast.
It is not forecast to develop into a tropical cyclone however hazardous weather is still likely.
HEAVY RAINFALL is expected to extend into the Central West during Friday night and Saturday with daily totals between 30 to 50 millimetres and isolated falls up to 100 millimetres. In the Gascoyne, HEAVY RAINFALL has contracted to the far southwest and is expected to start easing later tonight or during Saturday morning.
Flood Warnings are current for river catchments across the Kimberley, Pilbara and Gascoyne districts. Please refer to for further details.
Locations which may be affected include Geraldton, Kalbarri, Mullewa, Northampton, Overlander Roadhouse and Wooramel Roadhouse.
Widespread falls of 50-100mm have been recorded across western parts of the Gascoyne in the last 24 hours.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.